Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Entrustment to Mary = Appreciating My Guardian Angel


 


CCC #336: From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their [angels] watchful care and intercession. “Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life.” Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God.

 
 
I have had recourse to observing my guardian angel’s protection. One night I pulled the car into the garage and accidentally left it running as I was distracted with listening to the radio program. The car ran all night in the garage. The next morning, as I came into the room next to the garage, I could smell the exhaust and heard a soft humming noise. Opening up the garage door I nearly choked on the gaseous fumes. I was amazed the garage hadn’t burst into flames for it is a small one-vehicle sized space, with lots of combustive materials in storage. I got on my knees and thanked God and my guardian angel for keeping us safe from what could have been a catastrophe.

A few months later I got up in the morning and when ready to leave the house I couldn’t find my keys. After lots of searching I finally discovered them outside still in the door lock. I had unlocked the door with hands full of grocery bags, so had gone straight inside without removing the keys. Never returning outside, I never noticed them. Again I was very thankful for my guardian angel keeping our home safe from this open invitation for anyone to enter, or to steal the keys and the car!

Just a month ago we were getting ready to rent our duplex to a couple, whom we did not know. We had been paid the monies needed to move into the apartment and thought all was settled [although we found it a bit curious how the couple paid us the $1100 in cash]. We received a phone call from the renter that same night saying his mother had become fatally ill and they would be moving in with her to help take care of her. We were disappointed as any landlord is in losing the income.  Yet the next day, when reading our local newspaper, we noticed in the police blotter section the name of our potential renter who had been arrested for parole violation. We do not know her crime, but we were again thanking our guardian angels for keeping us protected from possible sinister behavior.

Just as my guardian angel keeps me physically safe, I believe the Blessed Mother keeps me spiritually safe. By entrusting myself to her, I believe she becomes my soul’s guard – protecting me from spiritual collapse. Sure I create my own spiritual misery, but like my guardian angel, Blessed Mom does her job of guiding and protecting me along my way.

I am sure most of you readers have your own guardian angel stories to tell. It would be nice if some of you would share them in the comment section. It helps us realize how loved we are by our God, that He sends his angels to protect us and to keep us safe. I am sure my guardian angel will have plenty more stories to share with me when we finally meet!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment