Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Friday, September 21, 2012

Entrustment to Mary = Being Convinced...

God Loves Me All the Way!



I hit my sister because I was mad.
God loves me anyway.

I popped my brother’s balloon; that was bad.
God loves me anyway.

I teased my sister and she told dad.
He said God loves me anyway.

I told Angela “You’re the worst friend I ever had!”
God loves me anyway?

A man at the store told me “you are an awful little lad!”
God loves me anyway.

I poked and poked and now my uncle is mad.
God loves him anyway.

My sister always follows the latest fad.
God loves her anyway.

I broke,
I poked,
I choked,
Do you think these things make God mad?
Mom said, “Perhaps. These things could make God mad.
But, God loves you this way.”

I bit,
I hit,
I spit,
Do you think these things make God glad?
Dad said, “No, these things do not make God glad.
But, God loves you this way.”

I lied,
I spied,
I cried,
Do you think these things make God sad?
The priest said, “Yes, all these things make God sad.
And, God loves you this way.”

Every night I have more and more to add…

Thank you God, for loving me
all the way!![1]




[1] “Everything that you experience is linked to the love of God who loves you, and to His desire for your good. He is present in your life no matter what you do. Time is a sacrament of your meeting with God and his mercy, with his love for you and his desire that everything work toward your good. Then every fault becomes a “happy fault” (felix culpa). If you looked at every moment of your life in this way, then spontaneous prayer would be born within you. It would be a continuous prayer since the Lord is always with you and always loves you. Every moment of your life would be permeated with the love of the Presence that always encompasses you.”  Tadeusz Dajczer, The Gift of Faith, 3rd. ed. (Ft. Collins, CO: IAMF, 2012), 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment