Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Entrustment to Mary = Giving GOD the Glory

Over the last few weeks I have had the beautiful experience of answered prayers, even without my praying the prayers!  What I mean is that I didn’t even know to ask for things from my Good Lord, but He provided for my needs just the same. I knew to be immediately grateful for these “answers” and that it was due to Blessed Mother’s care and concern for me that the graces were provided.  I thought I would share an example in this blog.

My son needed a larger bed and I became motivated to replace his old bed with a larger one that could be used by company. We had company coming and the deadline to replace it was getting close. I spent a lot of time complaining to my husband “we have to get a bed!” to no avail. I never thought to pray for it to happen, I just kept complaining. Then, a week before we needed it, a friend called out of the blue and said “I remembered you wanting a bed and, in 30 minutes, I have my new bed coming and I hired them to take away my old bed, but if you can come pick it up – it’s yours!” You bet we got that bed! I couldn’t believe how easy and how perfect the bed worked out for our needs. If I had been more proactive in buying a bed, I would have missed this terrific deal. Blessed Mother knew the big picture…She got me the bed. I’m convinced!

My habit prior to wanting to live the spirituality of Communion of Life with Christ through Mary was to overanalyze everything. One of the consistent advices from my spiritual director is “Do not overanalyze!” It has been hard for me to follow this advice because it is second nature for me to think too much. I am beginning to “get it” though. By overanalyzing, I am promoting self-absorption, which offends my Lord deeply. I am to give my whole heart, mind and soul to HIM. If I want to trust that I am in Mary’s arms, then I must believe that all that happens to me is GRACE!

My complaining to my husband over the bed issue used to lead to increased anxiety, and normally would have had me so absorbed in what I was NOT doing and what I thought I needed to do.  But, through Communion of Life with Christ through Mary, I was given the grace to instead take each day as it came.  Yes, I resort to complaining instead of praying – this is the truth about me, I am not denying it. However, MOM is watching out for me. She lets me see my truth and helps me grow in contrition over it, but She is also obtaining the necessary graces for my fulfilling GOD’s will. It sure looked like GOD’s will was for my friend to give me the bed, for I was given the graces NOT to be proactive to get one prior to the week before I needed it. Each day of forgetfulness was full of grace. And now, GOD is the one who gets all the glory for the gift!


"We must stand in truth about our spiritual misery before God, so that the grace of God completely penetrates our souls. When this happens, we will become instruments that God will be able to use for the realization of His plans, not only for our dear ones, but also for those whom we will never even know. We will become instruments that will change the world."  (S.C. Biela, Open Wide the Door to Christ, [Ft.Collins, CO: IAMF, 2005], 174.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I can relate.. usually my thinking is "if the problems are not 'solved' by me then who is going to solve them"? I liked what you said "normally would have had me so absorbed in what I was NOT doing and what I thought I needed to do. But, through Communion of Life with Christ through Mary, I was given the grace to instead take each day as it came. "..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! There are a lot of us out there who Mary is seeking to pick up and carry home!! Happy to be united with you in those Arms of Love.

      Delete