Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Entrustment to Mary = Giving Spiritual Gifts

We are sending this blog post again as the address for the In the Arms of Mary Foundation was incorrect. The below address is the correct one to use. Sorry for any inconvenience this mistake may have caused.
*******************************************************************************

Tis the season to give presents! I usually pick a tag from the local TREE of JOY to give a Christmas present to a person in need. This year the material gifts asked for on the tags somehow discouraged me from choosing one. Yet, I felt a need to offer alms somewhere this Advent/Christmas season. Then a request came across my email that was an answer to my dilemma.  It is one asking for spiritual books to be donated to priests and seminarians in Uganda. The priest making the request recognizes how these books can touch the interior lives of those who read them - in order to grow in holiness and to strengthen one's faith. A priest who desires to grow in holiness and faith on his journey to heaven is always beneficial for the souls of the lay people who come to that priest for personal guidance. Here is part of the priest's request:
"I have a feeling that if these books have helped the Laity, then it would even be very good for the Priests and Seminarians as well. Kampala Archdiocese has 317 Priests and 216 Seminarians. In addition there are 19 Diocese in the country where those books would be appreciated…I trust if these books are published and given to Priests as well as Seminarians, they will make a very big difference in their spiritual growth."
It brought me joy knowing my donation would not only be for the priests and seminarians who will read these books, but for the blessings that will be bestowed upon those who will come in contact with these men. It would be giving a gift that would have a spiritual and even eternal benefit! This opportunity brought peace to my soul.

I have read the 2 books the priest is requesting: Behold I Stand at the Door and Knock, and Open Wide the Door to Christ, both authored by S.C. Biela.  I will include a description of each at the bottom of this blog posting. These books have helped me come to understand how necessary it is to become poor in spirit in order to enter the Kingdom of God. I have learned that I must stand in the truth of “who” I am and admit this to Christ accepting His mercy and unconditional love as I do so. They are books that address everyday circumstances with a spiritual spin, helping me see how to open my heart to my faith, the Sacraments, God’s will, and my entrustment to the Blessed Mother. They are written in a way that speaks to every reading level.

What also is attractive about this request is the affordability of the donation. Just $10 buys one book including the shipment to Uganda. If this sounds good to you too, you can mail your donation to:                                               
In the Arms of Mary Foundation
P.O. Box 271987
Fort Collins, CO 80527
Inquiry@inthearmsofmary.org
Or click on this link to Uganda Book Fundraising project. This will bring you to the In the Arms of Mary Foundation website to make your donation there. Please let the Foundation know that the donation goes for the Uganda Book Fundraising project.

The Foundation desires to fulfill the request of this priest with the help of others. It has begun by sending him a box of 24 copies of Behold I Stand at the Door and Knock. They will continue to ship books for Priests and Seminarians as long as there are funds available. I invite you to share this news with your family, friends, and cyberface acquaintances as well.
May all of our readers have a very Merry Christmas knowing God loves us as we are!

 BEHOLD I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK

“Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him and he with me” (Rev 3:20).
This book leads the reader to discover the constant loving and merciful Presence of God. God never leaves His beloved children alone. He is always at the door of our hearts knocking, awaiting our opening of ourselves to Him. Discover the different ways God knocks, why we hesitate to open the door of our heart, and what treasure lies ready for when we do open the door to our creator. S.C. Biela, (Ft. Collins, CO: IAMF, 2005)
OPEN WIDE THE DOOR TO CHRIST
Continuing the themes presented in Behold, I Stand at the Door and Knock, Biela helps to convince the reader of the treasure that awaits when we finally open wide the doors to our Creator. He reminds us of the key: spiritual poverty. “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Mt 5:3). But how to become poor in spirit? That is exactly what this book addresses. A must read for all who desire transforming union with Christ. S.C. Biela, (Ft.Collins, CO: IAMF, 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment