Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Entrustment to Mary = GOD IS IN CHARGE!



Recently, I have found myself stressing due to the upcoming presidential election. The lies and deception played out on the debates and TV ads have made me feel very uncomfortable. But I find if I remind myself that GOD IS IN CHARGE - my anxiety is reduced. Following the spirituality of Communion with Christ through the Blessed Mother has helped me put eternal and temporal matters into perspective. What better teacher do I have than the Blessed Mother to show me how to keep my sights on God not on “man”. In her life She did not cease her fiat even when the world turned on her Son - unjustly accusing him and putting him to death.
                                                                                                  Remembering God as the supreme ruler helps me to relax and look at the world and my life in a more positive way. Repeating “GOD IS IN CHARGE!” can become a soothing mantra to combat the world’s overpowering influence:


When I see gas prices rising = “GOD IS IN CHARGE!”
When I see an administration lying to the American people = “GOD IS IN CHARGE!”
When I see Planned Parenthood being funded with my tax dollars = “GOD IS IN CHARGE!”
When I see my relatives supporting same sex marriage = “GOD IS IN CHARGE!”
When I see slander and sacrilege against my Catholic faith = “GOD IS IN CHARGE!”
When I lose patience with my slow computer = "GOD IS IN CHARGE!"

I suggest to readers to try this mantra out - putting in whatever it is that may have you anxious or stressed. Knowing that God is definitely in charge of this world releases my worries that develop when listening to the world’s temporal spin. There is comfort for this “Scaredy Cat” in Blessed Mom’s arms being assured God rules over all, and loves us all.

"The theology of spiritual life says that only the abandonment of oneself to God begets internal peace within a person. As long as you do not abandon yourself to the Lord, you will be uneasy, and your heart, filled with unrest, concerns, and problems, will flutter like a moth against a light bulb. There is no other way to peace than to abandon yourself completely to His will, to His love."
Tadeusz Dajczer, The Gift of Faith, 3rd. ed. (Ft. Collins, CO: IAMF, 2012), 41
           
“God wants everything to become for you a 'capital' of good. He even tries to draw good out of evil. Evil cannot be a grace, but God, in his almighty and infinite mercy, can even draw good from it.  The consequences of evil can give fruit in the form of a great opportunity to be converted.”  Ibid, 6.

CCC #324 The fact that God permits physical and even moral evil is a mystery that God illuminates by his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose to vanquish evil. Faith gives us the certainty that God would not permit an evil if he did not cause a good to come from that very evil, by ways that we shall fully know only in eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment