Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Our Lady and St. Juan Diego

Friday, October 31, 2014

Entrustment To Mary = Facing The Tricks And Treats On The Way To Sainthood

With it being Halloween as well as All Saints Day, I thought I would share two “candy” graces that have come my way. First, a dear friend’s husband received the Sacraments of Initiation just a couple of weeks ago. Sweet graces, as he is dying of pancreatic cancer and it does not seem like he has much more time left here on earth. I have been praying Divine Mercy chaplets for his conversion, and it brought me such joy to hear he had opened his heart to Jesus and received the Sacraments at this critical stage in his life.
 
The other special grace was being able to visit my daughter who has entered the Order of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. My husband and I made the trip last weekend. It was nice to see her joyful face that matched the happy and content-filled letters we have been receiving since she left a couple of months ago. During the visit she remarked how much time she has in a day without being connected to a cell phone, computer, and TV. She has read a few books already about various Saints during her free time. Although we shared a teary goodbye, we felt good about her new “home” and grateful for her chosen vocation.
 
So as you can read, I have had a few spiritual “treats” this Halloween. But in reflecting more on All Saints’ Day - I praise God with gratitude for my entrustment to Mary, as I can always count on her to help me face the tricks and treats that come along my path on my way to sainthood.
 
Perhaps, when you hear God calling you do not realize how much He wants to bestow upon you. By proposing to you His own will, He desires to free you from all of your wounds, disappointments, and difficulties, which are the result of seeking your own will. When you agree to let go of the steering wheel of your life and hand it over to a Father who loves you, then you will be freed from many fears and stress, as well as from the torment of responsibility, which flows from the faith you have in yourself. God does not want you to be so tormented. He desires to lift this weight from your shoulders and replace it with the sweet burden of His will. You only have to surrender to Him, and He will lead you.
S.C. Biela, OpenWide the Door to Christ, (Ft.Collins, CO: IAMF, 2005) 150.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment